Private equity and venture capital are among the most important sources of funding for companies with high growth potential. Such funding not only helps these businesses scale up, but also supports them with strategy, processes, expansion, market intelligence as well as mentorship at critical stages of their development. Company’ need right investment at right time to make it big and successful. Classic examples are Flipkart, Paytm, Byjus, Dream 11 & Ola.
India is one of the most attractive & emerging investment destinations for PE VC funds. That said, funds are increasingly becoming selective while making investment decisions and quality of business is a priority. Given the economic uncertainty, it is important to be abreast of the emerging issues across business sectors, growing expectations amongst the funds, and their impact on PE/VC deals.
On the other hand, a lot of effort goes in finding the right investor for a business or vice versa. When you do, it is important to have investment agreements that represents the interests of everyone involved. The investor would want to make sure its investment is protected, and the company will want to make sure that the funds are delivered smoothly and the founders have protected their stake in the venture. This makes writing a proper investment contract a critical first step in the business relationship. Clear & unambiguous investment agreement is very significant to establish a win-win situation for the parties involved in any PE, VC and M&A Deals.
VCCircle’s upcoming workshop will equip delegates decode Government policies, and their impact on commercial transactions; preparing potential sellers to handle M&A; preparing companies to raise funds or expand their companies, exit planning alternative potential exit routes. This program will also create a solid understanding of the documenting processes relating to PE/VC and M&A transactions, valuation considerations and deal making in the post-covid era; the future of tax on deals; key tax watch outs and mitigation strategies; identifying commercial issues and producing clear instructions to lawyers and executives involved.
It will also help in equipping with the technicalities involved in clear and well thought out term-sheet negotiation, proper deal structuring know-how to maximize returns and unambiguous deal documentation to avoid pitfalls and will enhance your deal-making skills that you can immediately put into practice.
- Grasp the logic and underlying principles of private equity financing - fund for business, strategic advice, information and assistance at critical stages of business cycle
- Structuring and setting up fund investment vehicles
- Prepare for raising fund - Business plan, due diligence, valuation and investment model
- Fund Raising process – finding, selecting, negotiation, closing Investment deals and exit strategies
- Modes of private equity financing – equity, venture capital, venture debt and mezzanine
- Risk evaluation for PE Fund and drafting your investment agreements - financial risk, legal risk, commercial risk, ESG risk amongst others
- Get the nuanced understanding and know-how on deal making environment and outlook
- Learn structural elements of deal & key principals of effective negotiations
- Key tax watch outs & mitigation strategies
- Entrepreneurs & organizations looking to raise funds
- CXOs, MDs, Directors and Senior Management
- Executives involved in PE/VC and M&A Deals
- CFOs, Financial Directors, Directors of Strategic Planning and Senior Finance Executives
- Corporate/General/In-house Counsel/Company Secretaries
- Investment Bankers, Professional Advisers, Law Firms & Consultants
- Individual, Private and Institutional Investors
- VPs & Managers from Legal Department
- Investment/Fund Managers
- Private Equity & Venture Capitalist